Sunday, December 31, 2006

Memories of 2006 (Revue Theatre)


The year has come to a close and there are many memories connected with it. Time passes quickly and as we get older the perception is that time passes even faster than before. I am one of the lucky ones during this passage of time, being able to do the things I love and to be creative.

Here is a memory of a great old theatre in our neighborhood that sadly in this last year closed down. I painted this on the spot during the Roncesvalles street festival and this was my way of capturing memories of attending this place. Sometimes the end of one great thing is the beginning of another.
Perhaps in 2007 we will see some new hope for this piece of history.

Happy New Year to everyone in 2007.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stefan Nuetzel said...

Hey Andrew, a Happy New Year to you, too.
I am glad that you post new paintings, so that I can stay in touch with your work. This painting is a particular beautiful one. Greeting from Vienna!

3:14 AM  
Blogger ANDREW JUDD said...

Thanks Stefan.

I hope your new year is a great one!! I can't wait to see more of your work too.

Cheers.... Andrew

9:19 AM  
Blogger tonypetersart said...

That theater marquee is great. Nice painting.

12:27 AM  
Blogger ANDREW JUDD said...

Thanks Tony. Like you... I appreciate the old architecture and landmarks that give us a peek into the past. I appreciate your compliment.

Cheers... Andrew

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home